The belief of Islam primarily includes the five pillars in it that are stated below:
- Profession of Faith (shahada): It refers to the true belief in the statement that states that “There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God”.
- Prayer (salat): The second pillar is prayer, where the Muslims face Mecca and pray five times a day.
- Alms (zakat): It is the idea that Muslims should donate a certain proportion of their income to charity as per Islamic law.
- Fasting (sawm): The idea of Muslims abstaining from food and drink in the month of Ramadan to renew their understanding and gratefulness for everything that God has given them.
- Pilgrimage (hajj): The idea that one who has the resources and capabilities must visit the holy city of Mecca at least once in their lives.